about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

caregiver kits // a plan for lent

caregiver kits

Remove and replace. This is a practice that is commonly done during Lent, the 40 days leading to Easter. And today marks the start. Do you follow this practice? What are you removing from your life? What are you replacing it with?

A few years ago I felt a clear calling for what I should do, and the same calling was placed on my heart again this year. I was thinking about people who are doing God's work, and World Vision Caregivers came to mind. These people go out and care for those who are suffering from disease or hunger. And they love them.

I want to support that and play a part in the Caregiver Kits ministry.

So how does that connect with remove and replace? Well, I'm "giving up" the profits from my business and then building the kits that these workers need. Now through Easter, the profits from all Wild Olive purchases will go toward packing 50 Ebola Caregiver Kits (the most urgent need right now).

50 kits will cost $1500, and I'm not gonna lie, this feels like an impossible goal to meet. 40 days to reach $1500 in profits is NOT normal for my shop and blog. But I truly believe that God is gonna do something great.

My part in this is simply saying "yes" to God. Your part is considering a purchase between now and Easter. Everything else is God, bringing hope and supplies to those suffering from Ebola.

If you would like to donate, without making a purchase, you can do so directly with World Vision. (Note, these gifts won't count toward the 50 kit minimum that I need to meet.)

Think about it. Pray about it. And let's see what might just happen in the next 40 days!

UPDATE: The Drury family has generously offered to MATCH every dollar raised, up to $1500. That means that every purchase goes twice as far, and we'll be making double the number of much-needed Caregiver Kits! Thank you so much!

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I'll tell Heather about it and we'll blast it on the podcast ASAP.

    You're a mensch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful and giving

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock ! many blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been thinking about purchasing a couple of things, but hadn't done so yet. This was just the push I needed. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 AM

    What a wonderful idea! I've just started learning embroidery and really enjoy your blog! I will definitely hop over to your etsy shop to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double - wow that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. I have purchased your Spring Stitching kit and I am having a lovely time sewing in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was waiting or payday, and now I have some more cute wild olive patterns to sew! Thanks Mollie, as ever, for your inspiration and your lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!