about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

project // washi note ring

Washi Note Ring


Ready for an easy project that will put your washi tape to good use AND keep your notes handy and tidy in your bag? I thought so.

With school starting soon (or perhaps it even started in your neighborhood), these are fun for kids to use as flashcards, or for you to keep close by for sending an encouraging word along. Make a few, or make a ton...they don't take long at all!

Washi Note Ring

Here's what you need:

card stock
washi tape
binder ring
paper cutter (optional, but recommended)
scissors
hole punch

Washi Note Ring

Cut the card stock into as many pieces as you want. I cut mine to be 2-1/8 x 3-1/2 inches because I could get 12 out of a sheet with minimal waste and easy measurements. But you could do these however you want. You could even use standard index cards and save on the cutting!

Washi Note Ring

Trim or tear a piece of washi tape and wrap it around the edge of a card. You could place it in the corner, or in the center. Then, punch a hole through the washi tape.

Washi Note Ring

Repeat the wrapping and punching process for all of the cards. Do your best to get the holes in the same location on each card so they hang nicely, but you don't really need to measure it.

Washi Note Ring

Slide the cards onto the binder ring, snap it closed, and your ready for jotting down notes!

Washi Note Ring

Most likely I'll use mine for those ideas that strike suddenly. They'll all be in one place, and I won't need a whole notebook with me. Plus, when I need to write down a website or some other important bit of info for someone, I can do it in style!

Washi Note Ring

Both my mom and my dad have been adding to my tape collection lately, so I have a feeling I'll be making a bunch of these rings!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Wow Mollie, what a great idea, thanks for sharing. I think I'll make a new adress book this way. It's so neat and simple.
    Thanks a lot, Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 PM

    These would make great beginning of the year gifts for teachers, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!