about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

project: tooth fairy pouch

Tooth Fairy Pouch


Remember back in July when we made something fun for Thread the Needle Day? Well, today is Tooth Fairy Day, and I knew it deserved a project! Lately, I've been lucky enough to get to know the Tooth Fairy and learn her tricks...her job is not easy!

This simple little pouch will hold teeth and cash, and will slip under a pillow without your sleeping toothless little one ever noticing! (My brother is good at noticing small movement near him while he sleeps, so the Tooth Fairy needs to be stealthy!)

Here's what you need:
Felt: White, yellow, light blue (or another color for wings)
Embroidery floss
Scissors
Needle
Tooth Fairy Pattern PDF

Tooth Fairy Pouch

Cut out one crown and one set of wings. Cut out two teeth, and embroider a face on one of them.

Tooth Fairy Pouch

Using embroidery floss, stitch the wings to the back (outside) of the back tooth piece. Stitch the crown to the back of the front tooth piece. Leave the floss attached, and continue along the top edge of the tooth, then add the back piece behind.

Tooth Fairy Pouch

Holding the front and back together, continue stitching (now through both layers) around the side, bottom, and back up to the top. The sides and bottom should be sewn together, but the top will remain open.

Tooth Fairy Pouch

At our house, the Tooth Fairy gives one dollar per tooth, and you get to keep your tooth! Although, when I was little, she only gave me 25 cents. How about at your house? How much does she trade for a piece of a smile?

Looking for other tooth pillows? Here's a fun grouping of ideas!

7 comments:

  1. We always got a Kennedy Half Dollar, because it was special. I've decided that my kids will get the same someday, or maybe a dollar coin (you have to count for inflation, I suppose!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I made a tooth pillow for my daughter recently, there was no way the tooth fairy would be digging under her pillow, she be caught for sure. Mine turned out ugly though, I'm going to make on of these for all my kids!

    I got 25cents too, kids are lucky these days! Here, the first tooth gets $5 and each after that get a toonie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! My 6 year old has yet to loose a tooth, but oh they are looking like they are getting ready to become tooth-fairy property soon! I think I used to get a dollar maybe? As for this house, well, we aren't yet established since Mini Mister is the oldest, and he'll be the first to loose teeth meanwhile Pie Pie, the youngest, is getting his! I am thinking we may go in the dollar realm since allowance at this point is $2...(one for the wallet, 50 cents for Jesus and 50 cents for piggy.) Thanks for this very simple project. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's adorable. To bad I got used to all my tooth :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Aug. 31, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK! This is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! Great idea, best from Spain

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!