about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

printable: quilt block cards

Quilt Block Mini Cards


The wanting-to-quilt bug continues to hang on, and it's coming out in little ways here and there. Like today, where I bring you a printable with some quilt blocks. Some of these are based on some designs included with one of the projects in my shop. See, when you don't sew (much), you have to find other ways to incorporate the designs you love into your work!

These miniature quilt blocks can be used in several ways, the most obvious being as little gift cards. But let me show you what I really had in mind!

Quilt Block Mini Cards

Download and print the PDF. There are three block designs for you!

Quilt Block Mini Cards

If you want this to hold up longer, laminate the cards. So that you don't have to do a whole page, a simple way to add a little protection is to place packing tape over the area you'll use.

This works best with small printed things, and these are just the right width for standard packing tape.

Quilt Block Mini Cards

Cut out a card and fold it in half. Add a large magnet strip to the inside back of the card. Cut a small strip of magnet and allow it to stick along the right side of the large magnet. (This will ensure that it's going to connect properly.)

Peel the backing off the small strip, then fold the card closed to stick the card onto the magnet.

Quilt Block Mini Cards

Now, what can you use this magnetic mini card for?

Quilt Block Mini Cards

Holding needles! It's not quite as long-lasting as a needle book, but it is fun. Especially as a way to gift a few needles in with a mini sewing or embroidery kit!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Aug. 21, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have bookmarks with magnets like this- these would be adorable bookmarks too! Love the faces on them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Mollie. Thank you for sharing. I have my needles on a boring old magnet, this is much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cute idea! Maybe little embroidery projects might be a good stocking stuffer for the holiday season. Add some floss, a small pattern--maybe even an iron-on, and a bit of cloth...poof, perfect stitchy gift!

    As always, your designs are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay!! Thank you for more cuties Mollie!! I have a couple of quilts I've been working on, just taking my time going between both. They're going to be Christmas presents! I want to use these as the little cards to go with them. You're so amazing! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea! We used to sell that magnetic tape at PS...now we don't :( but I'm sure I can find some at Michaels ;)

    We had a throw pillow with that last pattern on our couch when I was growing up...memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Can I link up on my blog? http://heatherkojan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!