about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

look back: easter egg finger puppets

Sometimes I like to take a look back at the posts that were shared a few years back. Since it's Easter time, I thought it was a good time to bring these egg finger puppets back for those who are new readers and might have missed them!

Easter Egg Finger Puppets

Are you ready for Easter? Do you have time for one more quick project? Of course you do! These egg shaped finger puppets are really easy to put together (kids could even do it), and they are sure to bring smiles to young (or not-so-young) faces.

eggpuppets1

You'll need: felt and embroidery floss in Easter-y colors and this pattern.

eggpuppets2

Use the egg pattern to cut out two pieces of each color that you'll be using. You can use the same pattern for all of the designs. You'll also need two ears for the bunny, and one fluff of feathers for the chick.

eggpuppets3

For the egg, you can add some decorative stitching first, including a face. Stitch around the edge with a running stitch, leaving an opening about 1" wide.

eggpuppets4

For the bunny, embroider on a face. Position the ears where you want them and pin them in place. Stitch around the edge with a running stitch. Make sure that you catch the ears in your stitching. (You can also add some detail to the ears at the same time.) Leave an opening about 1" wide.

eggpuppets5

For the chick, embroider on a face. Position the fluff of feathers at the top and pin in place. Stitch around the edge with a running stitch. Make sure that you catch the fluff in your stitching. Leave an opening about 1" wide.

Aren't they sweet!? My plan is to give these to my brothers and sisters on Sunday, but, well...I've been having a lot of fun with them, so we'll see. Actually, my sister already tried to take the chick. I suppose I could make a few more so that I could share...

Oh, and hey! If you make some of these, you can add your pictures to the Wild Olive Flickr group. Have fun making!

8 comments:

  1. Eep! They are precious. I really admire your skill and creativity. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Mar. 30, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Nicole8:11 PM

    These are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I was thinking make them into plant pokes or whatever they are called. Use a sucker for the stick and then after Easter eat the candy and save the ornament for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG they're adorable!! I was wondering if you have a particular felt supplier you shop from and what craft books are on your shelves?
    kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I like them very much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!