about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

wish for a pattern

Hi There! This is Sara from the split stitch, and I am so excited to be here over on Wild Olive again today. Last month, I put together a sewing tutorial for the Tea Time Mug Rug in honor of the Wild Olive Tea Party, and this month I thought I would put together a free project for you stitchers out there who don't sew. It is called the "I wish bunting" embroidery pattern. In honor of this month's theme, the pattern features a cute (and magical?) fish that just created his own bunting out of bubbles that says "I wish".

What is a bunting? Well, they are also called banners, or garland ... they are those cute strings of triangle shaped flags that keep popping up all over the place these days. I imagined that a fish would make his bunting out of bubbles though, if he could, and thus his bunting does not have triangle shaped "flags", but rather round bubbles. This pattern matches a new embroidery pattern pack at thesplitstitch.etsy.com that is called "Days of the Week Bunting Embroidery Pack" as well as another free embroidery pattern at thesplitstitch.com that is called "Bug Party".

Go ahead and scoop up both patterns, because Wild Olive readers get a 20% discount on all purchases from the split stitch etsy shop. Just enter the code: "WILDOLIVEREADER" during checkout.

I really hope you enjoy stitching this pattern up, as much as I enjoyed designing it, and I hope to see you over on the split stitch where we talk about embroidery, sewing, and all other sorts of crafty goodness! Hugs, Sara


Sara is a talented and creative stitcher, with both a sewing machine, and an embroidery hoop. She shares lots of ideas and tutorials on her blog, The Split Stitch.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this... it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,
    this is so adorable and cute!
    :-P

    missyellowshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fun! thanks for the free patterns! i love the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pattern, thanks for sharing and leading me to The Split Stitch :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!