a call for photos...
It really hasn't been that long since I've been doing embroidery. At least this time...I tend to do things for a while, then move on, come back...you get the idea. But shortly after getting back to it, I started making my own patterns from my illustration doodles. I love doing this. I love stitching them up. And of course, I love sharing them with others through this blog and my shop.
Because I like the process of embroidering my own patterns, I enjoy stitching an example of one of the patterns from a set. I often don't have time to make more than one, so I've listed new patterns with just one example. But I'd like that to change.
The photo above is one that my friend Catherine took of a project she recently finished using one of my patterns. She generously offered to let me include it in my Etsy listing for the pattern. So I'm wondering...
Would you like to contribute photos of your completed Wild Olive embroideries and have them included in Etsy listings?
Here's what you can do:
1. Join the Wild Olive Flickr group, if you haven't already.
2. Add photos of your completed projects using Wild Olive patterns.
Here's what I'll do:
1. Choose photos that I'd like to add to listings (I'll be looking for high quality shots, and keep in mind, I can only add up to 3 pictures per pattern, so I'm hoping for each to be different)
2. Contact you via Flickr mail if I select one of your photos.
Here's how I'll say "Thanks!":
1. If I use one of your photos, you may choose any embroidery pattern from my shop for free!
2. The Etsy listing will include a photo credit.
So what do you think? Are you up for it? I hope so! Start stitching and taking pictures of your work!
By Mollie Johanson at Friday, May 01, 2009