about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

an important day...

Harvesters Coasters

No, not the election...the day I finally got these coasters finished! All 12 Harvesters are represented, and if I feel up to it, I might even let people set a sweaty glass on them! Here's how I made them:

Harvesters Coaster WIP

First step: Embroidering these guys onto squares of linen-ish fabric.

Harvesters Coaster WIP

Next I cut wool felt and fusible web a bit larger than the size I wanted my finished coasters to be. Then I ironed them all together.

Harvesters Coasters

Using a 4.25" template I made, I cut around the square with my scallop scissors. Finally the edges get sealed with clear nail polish (because I still haven't gotten fray-check!).

Now the big question: Will I get napkins stitched in time for Thanksgiving? Doubtful!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Super cute! Just make sure nobody is drinking fruit punch :)

    A crazy question - how many strands of floss do you use? It looks like nearly all of them. I have a super hard time getting more than 2 strands through a needle, even with a threader. May I ask what needle you use, how you get the floss thru, and how many strands you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 PM

    I really like your coasters!! Great idea and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I've been meaning to lean how to embroider!
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!