about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

how the pumpkin felt...

Needle felted pumpkin pin

On Halloween we never stop to think about how the pumpkin feels, getting his guts scooped out and then being cut up, only to wear a goofy grin for a few days. Why not let the poor things be whole and happy through Thanksgiving?

This pumpkin doesn't feel, but it is felt. I finally pulling out the needle felting tools and supplies that I bought this summer, and put them to use. It was really easy to do, and so much fun. I'm looking forward to playing around with the technique a bit and seeing what all it could become. This is made with orange and green wool roving, shaped into a pumpkin, and with a pin back attached. A gift for my mom to wear through the end of the month. Next up in felting, a snowman, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!