about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

Wild Olive?

Why a Wild Olive? Taken from Romans 11:17 ("If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root."), the idea of being a "Wild Olive" has always intrigued me.

Originally, I thought this would be a perfect name for a band. Problem: I don't have a band, nor do I plan on starting one. Then I thought Wild Olive would be a good name for my graphic design work. Friends advised against this for various reasons. But I still really like "Wild Olive."

So...It's the perfect name for my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Well, goodness gracious, I'm right there with you on the band name and the blog name. A few weeks ago, I was studying the passage in Romans 11 with two of my friends and I said, "Hey, that would be a great name for a band: The Wild Olive Shoots!" Then today, as I was pondering a title for my blog, I thought to myself - Here's where I can use the title "Wild Olive Shoot," but alas, you thought of it first. What a funny coincidence, though. Well, props to you on the title and I love the look and design of your blog. It's very artsy. Very nicely done. I'm glad to know that someone else likes the idea of being a wild olive shoot, grafted into the olive tree himself. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Olive is a great band name. Great blog name too. Thanks for the January desktop calendar! I still had December's Optimistic Ornament up.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!