about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

prize-winning summer stitching

Shelley's Prize-Winning Mini Quilt

Last summer, I started the Summer Stitching Club, and I really didn't know what to expect. I do know that I didn't expect so many people to sign up and I didn't expect to continue it for all the other seasons and then move on to states. I was equally surprised (in the best way possible) to hear that club member Shelley made the mini quilt from last summer and submitted it in her local county fair. And won first place.

I felt like a proud mama asking her child to smile for a picture, and requested that she send me this pic with her blue ribbon. Well done, Shelley!

If you'd like to make a mini quilt like this, you can still register. It's no longer a live, weekly club, but instead, you'll get all of the patterns and instructions as an immediate download. Find out more here. (please note: I can't guarantee that you'll win a prize with your finished quilt...haha!)

Thanks, Shelley, for letting me share your success with the Wild Olive crew!

12 comments:

  1. congratulacions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Shelley! It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! I hadn't actually seen all of the designs from this set, I love them! Especially that flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is wonderful! congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Shelley! It looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shelley!! I love your mini quilt and that adorable flamingo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Shelley did a great job. Congratulations to all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Awesome job, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome!! Congrats Shelley!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt, congrats! I would love to learn how to make quilt one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's sooooo awesome Shelley. I would be so happy to go to our local fair and see a pretty mini quilt like that. It looks great. Best in show!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!