about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

color combo: ice cream on my desk

Ice Cream on My Desk


Lately I've been thinking a lot about the secrets that I keep as a blogger. Secrets might be the wrong word, but there are things in my life that you don't see. For example, my desk. I'm looking at it as I type this, and it's...well...embarrassingly scary. I don't know how it happens, but it just accumulates...well...everything. It will remain hidden from the internet.

But sometimes in the middle of the mess, I find treasures. Like skeins of embroidery floss that have stacked up from various projects, and they just happen to be something lovely. These colors ended up next to my drawing tablet, and I looked down and realized they were perfect together. It was like finding scoops of delicious ice cream thread.

Ice Cream on My Desk
Ice Cream on My Desk

They reminded me so much of ice cream that I grabbed a skein of brown (from another spot on my desk) to act as the sugar cone. Don't they look yummy enough to eat?

Ice Cream on My Desk
Ice Cream on My Desk

And just to show off a little of the hidden Mollie, here's the back end of those floss skeins. I try to keep the top side looking pretty for photos, but tails and knots and wacky wraps are very common around here. Hey! I use this stuff and it's not always neat!

If you're looking to use these ice cream on my desk colors, how about stitching a frozen treat? My Ice Cream Socializers pattern set is designed to stack up as many scoops as you please!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Don't worry about all the disorganization, in my opinion too much organization turns fun crafts into boring homework. A little disorganization never hurt any crafter, it only gets ugly when it starts looking like those pet hoarding news videos. You ought to do a post about your method of "mostly organized". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Mollie! I have had your site flagged for a long time now and check in as often as I can to see what you're up to. today, however, I have printed much of your embroidery basics because I have my twelve year-old neighbor coming over for a sewing lesson. Your instructions and photos will be the perfect thing to help me show her and for her to take home with her to work on by herself. Thank you for doing all the work to make these lessons available to everyone. I love your projects and your blog. Have a sunshiney day! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, my desk is a mess, too! I'm taking a week off next week and I'm hoping I can battle it out with all the clutter in my house during that time. I have a big package of embroidery floss and I just love looking at all the pretty colors!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture a couple combinations of ice cream cones with these fun colors. I just wanted to say I am really enjoying your Wild Olive blog addition to the great patterns/ideas you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely summery embroidery threads. I found your lovely blog through craftgawker. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those colors!! my desk is always a mess so don't feel bad. I will clean and dust and tidy but inevitably it will be piled up with on going projects with in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those colors! Totally summer!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!