about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

book review: mason jar crafts

Mason Jar Crafts


If you've spent much time on Pinterest, you've probably seen a few crafts using Mason jars. So maybe a book of Mason jar projects sounds like it's not so necessary. But stick with me here.

Mason Jar Crafts has a few of the "classic" jar projects, but it really has a very nice collection of fun and fresh ideas, and includes sections for home, kids, weddings, and more. Author Lauren Elise Donaldson does a great job of providing readers with good information on working with the jars (including drilling through the glass!) as well as some other elements that add to these enjoyable projects.

Mason Jar Crafts
Mason Jar Crafts

I like books with some step-by-step photos or illustrations, and this title does a great job of that. Is it silly that I like that the photos are in circles? It's just so cute!

Mason Jar Crafts
Mason Jar Crafts
Mason Jar Crafts

One of my most favorite ideas in the entire book is the bug jar. Well, actually there are two buggy projects...but I think you should check this out for yourself for those. (One feels like a classic, and the other turns Mason jar crafting upside down...literally!

Mason Jar Crafts
Mason Jar Crafts

And for extra value, this new title doesn't just have projects using the jars, but also for using the lids separately...and for some Mason jar crafting without using an actual jar! You know they had me at the embroidery...

For a new round of ideas for putting this classic canning tool to more use, be sure to check out Mason Jar Crafts by Lauren Elise Donaldson.

Thanks to Ulysses Press for sending me this copy for review!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I want to try some of the mason jar crafts and I love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use and utilize mason jars for all sorts of non-canning purposes. Recently I put one to use holding dixie 3 oz cups in the bathroom.

    Cool book!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!