about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

life as it currently stands

new fabric

See that pretty fabric? I picked it up at JoAnn's a couple weeks ago, and I plan on making a whole cloth quilt with it. The hexagon flowers will have hand quilting around the outside, and the center hexagon. Cute, right?

I learned about whole cloth quilts in the Handstitched class that I took this summer, and now I'm all excited to start this. I also have other fabric to make one of these, and plan on it being a Christmas gift for my 7-year-old sister.

But have I started the flannel hexagon quilt? Did I make any of the projects from my summer class? Has the fabric for Grace's quilt even come out of the bag?

No. Why? Because life is crazy full of wonderful work.

Over the course of the last, oh, six months, I've been working on some really lovely and often exciting things. Some you've already seen and some aren't quite ready to share yet.

For example, I can't show you anything right away, but I can tell you that I'm illustrating an eBook for children and families. What? I'm still amazed at this one. More details will follow as soon as we're bit farther along.

All of this to say, life has me feeling tired, blessed, too busy to do all I want to do, and happy to be working on things that I love. God is good.

Still, it makes me sad to see projects and supplies just sitting there when I want to make something with them! Maybe in between all of the crazy, I'll sneak in some small progress on these less important projects. Just for the joy of it. You wouldn't mind a few boring "here's the tiny bit that I've done since the last time I blogged about it" posts, would you?

I hope not.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are really full. That is wonderful to hear. God IS Good. Keep doing what you are doing. I find bits of time here and there and I love embroidery projects, hand-stitching projects, and knitting projects that are portable, small, simple, and can wrap up in a flash when someone else needs me. The time will find you. And before you know it, your project will be almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mollie, I know just how you feel. I would enjoy seeing little bits of your work. It's always enjoyable to see what you have been doing. I don't need to see the whole project. My project pile is high as i have been sick most of the year. The last was the west nile virus which has kept me quite low.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see little peeks! Sometimes small in-progress photos really show some detail that you don't see in the big finished picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweet fabric, and it will be the cutest quilt with hand stitching!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big sigh. I know how hard it is to see things waiting for me to work on them, but like you, I also have a life! I just found your blog and love it. It's so nice to meet you! I look forward to seeing the whole cloth hexi quilt, I bet it will be fabulous!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!