about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

japanese book review: felt mascot

Felt Mascot

Today's post almost wasn't. Yesterday my internet was out for most of the day (yes, I was going all kinds of jittery crazy), and I was resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to get this post set up. Still, I edited my photos and had them ready to upload just in case. And then...yaaaaaayyyy! The internet returned!

Enough about my very long Tuesday...how about some Japanese craft?!

This week's book is filled with some very cute felt items, and according to Google Translate and YesAsia.com, the book title is Felt Mascot. This seems to be a popular title...so I'm guessing there's a subtitle that I'm just not finding. Ah, well.

The ISBN for this is 9784529040761, but as far as I know, it's not widely available now. You can find it on Amazon in Japan, but watch out for shipping!

Felt Mascot
Felt Mascot
Felt Mascot

Here's the funny thing about this book. Based on the cover, you'd think it would be filled with cute little characters to make. And it is...but there's also a lot of things that are in a completely different style from what's prominently featured on the front.

There's lots of felt food and even some cookware and appliances in here, and they are really quite amazing. Still...not exactly what you might expect if you were to just order this without much information.

That's okay, there's also some very sweet extra animals in here...like these finger puppets!

Felt Mascot
Felt Mascot

Oh yeah, and if you've ever wanted to make a miniature felt bathroom, this book tells you how to do just that!

Felt Mascot
Felt Mascot

And we reach the end. But sometimes, this becomes just as fun, because you get to see a few more books that are available to search out! If you want to see the additional titles, I've left this last image extra-large. Just click it to go through to Flickr and view all sizes.

Would you believe that I've had this for years, and never made anything from it? Oh dear. Do you do this? Buy books and patterns and then do nothing with them? (I think we all do sometimes...) Maybe once I get through showing all of these books, I should start making one thing a week from them. Or maybe I'll start with one a month...

6 comments:

  1. That felt bathroom SOLD me. Weird, yes, but I've wanted to make a felt toilet for a while but didn't want to figure out the pattern on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had a couple japanese felt craft books for two years and only made like 3-4 things from them. i like your challenge of making one thing a week/month. hmmm...

    also, any suggestions on types of felt for these projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love wool felt for things like this, but getting bigger pieces or even enough of the smaller sheets can be costly. Still, after you spend so much time making something, you want it to last!

      Delete
  3. That book looks so cute! I love those books and wish I could read them-- the stuff inside is so adorable! :)

    xoxo
    Nat
    modernbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute. I wanna make that cutie (dead?) fish! Salmon? I don't know. But really, this book is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!