about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

japanese book review: miniature craft for the first time

Miniature Craft for the First Time

It's Wednesday, and do you know what that means? Time for another Japanese craft book! Although most of the Japanese books that I have are sewing or embroidery related, this one is completely different. This focuses mainly on clay creations...the tiny kind!

I've had this book for a while, but have barely tried anything in the book. Part of this comes from the fact that I don't have the types of clay that they show in the book. You can find them on Etsy, I just haven't ordered any yet! That said, I'm still extremely inspired by everything in here. It could be my love of tiny, or perhaps that there's just so very much in this book!

The ISBN for this Miniature Craft for the First Time is 9784052028397, and it is available on YesAsia.com. Now, let's take a look, shall we?

Miniature Craft for the First Time
Miniature Craft for the First Time

There are collections of miniatures to make, like these school/art supplies.

Miniature Craft for the First Time

The photos show mixing color into the clay, and lots of methods of shaping the items. They use toothpicks, tweezers, scissors, and more!

Miniature Craft for the First Time
Miniature Craft for the First Time

Some of them are really detailed!

Miniature Craft for the First Time
Miniature Craft for the First Time

These little stands, especially the middle one, remind me of Arrested Development. There's always money in the banana stand!

Miniature Craft for the First Time

In addition to showing how to make the little miniatures, the book also shows some fun ways to use the finished pieces. I love these clips!

Miniature Craft for the First Time

This isn't all clay, however. Above is a page on making paper, which they use to create a little table and chairs. There's also a spread with some needle felting!

Miniature Craft for the First Time

Quite possibly, my favorite thing to make is this perpetual ice cream cone calendar. So clever! So cute!

6 comments:

  1. these are SOOO cute, I love everything japanese (not that I know much about all things japanese quite yet, but I'm getting there!) and I must say your japanese craft book posts make me even more intrigued to learn more!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all totally awesome!!! I think my hands are too big for that sort of teeny craft... too scared to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this in my life! Those miniatures are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable, and amazing how they make them!! What talent!! Thanks for sharing!! I just opened my Etsy store and would love for you to check it out!! Here is the link!! http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagegreyhandmade?ref=si_shop

    Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable - and I just want to say how much I enjoy your blog. It always makes my day and I'm always inspired by your work/ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to be part of your day!

      Delete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!