about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

the story of: if we had elves



This month, I chose the story of the Elves and the Shoemaker as a sort of theme for some fun posts. The elves in the story help out the shoemaker, and I thought, wouldn't it be nice if some elves showed up at my house? And so I asked my friends and sponsors what they would like some elves to help with. Here's what they had to say:

sponsorposts1

kam: If I had elves in my life, I would have them help me with the housework! I feel like I am always running a load of laundry, doing the dishes, cleaning mirrors, finding new cobwebs in corners, and vacuuming the carpet. It never seems to end! I'd much rather spend my time lounging around reading lovely books, on a trail summiting new peaks, traversing a new route at the rock climbing gym, or napping. Quite the life, right? Until I have some elves knocking at my door, I guess I'll just adjust my schedule to include all the things I love.

amy: If I had elves to help me with one thing in my life it would definitely be housework. Definitely. I always feel like I have many more things I would rather be doing than vacuuming or cleaning the toilet. But, of course, housecleaning is one of those things that has to be done anyway. Luckily for me, my husband is more than willing to help in this futile war against dust bunnies.

victoria: I think it would have to be winding skeins of yarn into balls ready to knit with.. it's my least favourite job! (or maybe they could help me get my day job done -- as much as I enjoy it, it takes away from valuable crafty time!)

sponsorposts2

kerry: If I had elves, I would ask them to do all my work for me so that I could spend my days crafting and making things. It’s tricky trying to fit everything into life so if the elves could take care of the hum drum of day to day work for me, then my creativity would be much better and I would get a lot more done!!

michelle: It would definitely be dishes/chores - in fact, mister husband and I always talk wistfully about how 'the gnomes' forgot to do this and that, or left this thing lying around...lol. We really need help in the chore department! Wouldn't it make life much easier? I mean, my elves would get a comfy place to sleep and some chocolate, so no mistreatment here - I'd sure love some! :)

sécia: If I had elves to help me with one thing in my life it would be to give me more time and energy to do the things I love. Of course, they would have to be magical elves with special powers to stop time and give me an occasional boost of energy.

sponsorposts3

tara: Housework!! Oh and possibly the occasional sewing project. I can't keep up with the sort of mess 2 little guys and one big guy unleash on this house on a daily basis . . . well maybe I could if I didn't want to have any creative fun of my own! It's all about priorities.

jodi: If I were having an elf help me I am strongly leaning towards having them remind me of patience. Their main job would be to sit on my shoulder and remind me to breathe, explore the moment and enjoy everything in that second.

anita: If I had elves to help me with one thing in my life, it would definitely be the day to day housekeeping chores. I dislike an unkempt environment even more than I dislike the chores, but I would LOVE to have that time to pour into my creative work instead!

sponsorposts4

janee: If I had elves to help me with one thing, it would unquestionably be housework. Bathrooms, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and dusting - definitely dusting!

liesi: I would love some elves to do my homework for me! I have a hard time balancing my embroidery projects and my school work. I'll stick with the fun stuff, and the elves can do the homework! ...or they could just keep up on my laundry for me, and make my bed. :)

mollie (that's me!): Elves would be nice for lots of things, but the one area where I need the most help is with tidying up. If there were just a few elves to follow me around and clean up my little messes, life would look a lot neater!

Now...how about you? What would like some elves to help you with?





7 comments:

  1. hehe. I love this post!! I wish there were little helpful elves at my house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how similar all our answers are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...clearly we're not big fans of cleaning house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would love to have elves clean toilets, make beds, and walk my dog..... it sure would be fun to make little beds and quilts for them... awww, how cute would that be?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard of the book "The Blueberry Pie Elf"? All this talk of housework made me think of it.

    http://www.amazon.com/Blueberry-Pie-Elf-Jane-Thayer/dp/B0007DLH0C

    ReplyDelete
  7. dishes. plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!