about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

stitched snow

snowflake
I'm not exactly sure what spurred this, but it most likely was a photo of a Martha Stewart cookie. Something about the icing reminded me of the shapes formed by lazy daisy stitches. So I thought I'd give it a go.

I didn't work with a pattern, and I don't have a plan for using this. Perhaps an ornament for next year. But here are the basic details. I drew the simple spokes so that I had at least some framework. The thread is DMC Color Variations 4025, which I love so much. I used four stitches: straight, french knot, lazy daisy, and coral. Because I made it up as I went, and literally, just went for it, the back is a mess. So much that I can't even bear to show you. But you can take a look at the details.
snowflake
snowflake
This was so much fun to make! And snow is a nice theme right now. Even though I don't particularly like the idea of more of it falling any time soon.

If you're up for a bit more snow, especially the kind that will still be falling around Hearts Day, you'll want to stop by One Day at a Time. Lauren emailed asking what kind of snowflake patterns I had, and I realized that I didn't have enough. So, head over to her latest post, where you'll find a specially drawn up snowflake from me, as well as a couple from September House!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I loved doing the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do your embroidery on canvas? I can't figure out what fabric that is!

    The snowflake is very pretty.

    SongBird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've been thinking of stitching snowflakes lately as well. We don't get enough in sunny southern california!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I'm spinning some fiber right now that is just those shades of blue, plus a darker navy. It's so perfect for winter!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!