about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

a bit of vintage...

my parents' quilt

We have a fair number of old quilts around here, and each are treasured. But when I rediscovered this one, I was especially delighted. It used to be at the foot of my parents' bed, but has been put away for a long time. When it came out (for a sleepover needing extra blankets), I snatched it up.

This was made in 1976 as a wedding gift for my parents, by the ladies at the church we went to ages ago. Some of the scraps were from my mom's old clothes, but most were simply extra fabrics that they women brought together for this. It's wonderful.

my parents' quilt

There are lots of different fabrics to look over...some of them more worn than others.

my parents' quilt

my parents' quilt

And I love the stitching around the edge.

my parents' quilt

Yay for finds like this! I think I'll be hanging onto this for a long time...

3 comments:

  1. So lovely, sweet and priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love old quilts. It looks so soft and cuddly. I am always hoping I will come across an old quilt somewhere along the line, but it hasn't happened yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!